BMW: BMW 03 320D BMW dashboard / instrument cluster failing : BMW 3 series Forum • BMWLand

BMW Forum: Car help, questions, answers, BMW discussion forum  
BMW Forum for UK BMW Car owners : Where Power Meets Control

BMW Forum: BMWLand Forum Portal Entrance BMW Forum: BMWLand - Forums for UK BMW Owners BMW Discounts & Support for BMWLand members BMW Forum Twitter, RSS, Facebook for BMWLand members BMW Car Insurance Discount BMWLand: Contact Us BMW Paint Repair discounts for BMWLand members BMW Oil Discount for BMW Engines BMW Car Tyre Discounts for BMWLand Members BMW Car Parts: Genuine BMW Parts Discount for BMWLand Members BMW ECU mapping BMW Swirl Flaps

www.BMWLand.co.uk ©2014                           Contact: [email protected]

Peake BMW Diagnostics  
BMW Car Insurance Discount

BMW 03 320D BMW dashboard / instrument cluster failing

BMW forum 3 series car: E21, E30, E36, E46, E90, E91, E92, E93, F30, F31, F34, F35

Moderator: Moderators

BMW 03 320D BMW dashboard / instrument cluster failing

Postby Fergie32 » Mon, 02 Nov 2009 18:30:56 UTC

Good Evening,

Today i started my BMW to find that nothing was working on the dash board - I used the old fashioned way of fixing things and banged the top of the dash then some of the displays started working (Milage and Fuel), but this has since went out again. There are no lights working at all on the dash board or Speedometers or rev counter. The temp gauge was also going straight to red when the worked for the short period of time.

Any Ideas?

Cheers
Fergie32
User

Postby ohp » Mon, 02 Nov 2009 18:37:56 UTC

just remember mate if the car runs and is drivable its an offense to knowingly drive a car with a faulty binnacle.

have you whipped it out to check the connections at the back etc.

apart from that I'm not of much help
ohp
BMW Warlord

Postby slim_boy_fat » Mon, 02 Nov 2009 18:57:16 UTC

Odd happenings with the instruments can be caused by a faulty ignition switch or rear wheel speed sensor [n/s] iirc.
Never underestimate the power of thrawn.
slim_boy_fat
BMW Warlord
Site Supporter

Scotland (SC)

• Forum Topics on BMWLand that may be of intetest to you
    Replies
    Views
    Last Forum post

Return to BMW 3 series Forum

BMWLand: Who is online