BMW: Front centre Speaker -Removal : BMW 6 Series Forum • BMWLand

BMW Forum: Car help, questions, answers, BMW discussion forum  
BMW Forum for UK BMW Car owners : Where Power Meets Control

BMW Forum: BMWLand Forum Portal Entrance BMW Forum: BMWLand - Forums for UK BMW Owners BMW Discounts & Support for BMWLand members BMW Forum Twitter, RSS, Facebook for BMWLand members BMW Car Insurance Discount BMWLand: Contact Us BMW Paint Repair discounts for BMWLand members BMW Oil Discount for BMW Engines BMW Car Tyre Discounts for BMWLand Members BMW Car Parts: Genuine BMW Parts Discount for BMWLand Members BMW ECU mapping BMW Swirl Flaps

www.BMWLand.co.uk ©2014                           Contact: [email protected]

Peake BMW Diagnostics  
BMW Car Insurance Discount

Front centre Speaker -Removal

BMW forum 6 series car: E24, E63, E64, F12, F13

Moderator: Moderators

Front centre Speaker -Removal

Postby Guest » Mon, 14 Sep 2009 06:17:37 UTC

Guys,

Too much volume and too much AC/DC has blown the front centre speaker! Does anyone know how to get the thing out? RealOEM is clear that the speaker itself is screwed to the dash (obviously!) but the grille does not look an obvious prise-off item? Due to its location, I can't really get too close or even see it too well!!

Any/all help appreciated

Postby mpc1971 » Mon, 14 Sep 2009 11:13:59 UTC

neal, surely your tooo old to listen to loud music.

as usual i am no help at all other than to abuse you , but i'm sure kev will be here soon.

might have to meet up soon too. i need showing where that drain pipe thingy is in the hood storage department.

also is it poss. to hold the lid up so i can get in to dry up after a wash ?? it just seems to close on my head . :hmm: might have to get the wife to clean that part next time

try thinking zoooorroooppaaa .. and he appears
mpc1971
Intermediate

Postby Guest » Mon, 14 Sep 2009 11:33:13 UTC

Mark - thanks for your expected contribution!!

Yep - next time you're heading this way give me a shout (have you still got my cell number?).

If I understand you correctly you want the hood cover to stay vertical so you can dry out the bit where the fabric hood stows? On mine I just take my finder off the close (or open, depending which way it's going!) and turn the ignition off - whatever position the roof operation is in is where it stays. Does yours not do this?

Postby mpc1971 » Mon, 14 Sep 2009 11:38:50 UTC

hello mate,
yep still got your number.
and yes that is what i am trying to do . not tried with key in ignition. normally press and hold the key button. get it to fully open . have a quick dry out then get out the way or press button again as the roof slowly falls. maybe i could try with key in ignition ???

cheers
mpc1971
Intermediate

Postby Guest » Mon, 14 Sep 2009 11:45:58 UTC

Seems to work for me - wait until the roof is towards the closed position (but the rear lid still vertical) take your finger off (mine stops at this point anyway) and turn the key to off? Give it a try - can't do any harm.............provided your Missus isn't doing the operation whilst your head is in the hood space and you've somehow upset her that day!!

Postby Guest » Sun, 20 Sep 2009 17:17:54 UTC

And the answer (to the original post) is:

Gently prise off the cover with a small screwdriver blade. This exposes the speaker which is unscrewed by three Torx head screws. A replacement BMW speaker is c£80 or a pair of top quality replacement at my local car audio store are £30..............

A bot of adjustment to the speaker mountings and Bob's your Dad's Borther..........

• Forum Topics on BMWLand that may be of intetest to you
    Replies
    Views
    Last Forum post

Return to BMW 6 Series Forum

BMWLand: Who is online