BMW: E46 M3 2003 cabriolet water leaking into boot. : BMW 3 series Forum • BMWLand

BMW Forum: Car help, questions, answers, BMW discussion forum  
BMW Forum for UK BMW Car owners : Where Power Meets Control

BMW Forum: BMWLand Forum Portal Entrance BMW Forum: BMWLand - Forums for UK BMW Owners BMW Discounts & Support for BMWLand members BMW Forum Twitter, RSS, Facebook for BMWLand members BMW Car Insurance Discount BMWLand: Contact Us BMW Paint Repair discounts for BMWLand members BMW Oil Discount for BMW Engines BMW Car Tyre Discounts for BMWLand Members BMW Car Parts: Genuine BMW Parts Discount for BMWLand Members BMW ECU mapping BMW Swirl Flaps

www.BMWLand.co.uk ©2013                           Contact [email protected]

Peake BMW Diagnostics  
BMW Car Insurance Discount

E46 M3 2003 cabriolet water leaking into boot.

BMW forum 3 series car: E21, E30, E36, E46, E90, E91, E92, E93, F30, F31, F34, F35

Moderator: Moderators

E46 M3 2003 cabriolet water leaking into boot.

Postby elite07771 » Fri, 22 Oct 2010 19:21:48 UTC

Hi all I'm after a bit of advice for my neighbour who has been literally bailing water from the boot of his car. The car is a E46 2003 m3 cabrio, the water comes in with and without the hardtop attached. He has checked the drain plugs under the roof mechanism and they seem to drain ok (checked by pouring a couple of jugs in and watching the water drain just in front of the rear wheels under the sills). The water is not coming in through the boot lid because the compartment where the roof folds into seems to be where the water is holding and then leaking through. Also no water in the car iteslf just the boot area.

Has anyone had a similar experience or can point him in the right direction on where to start. I know he is having a lot electrical problems probably caused by water in the cd changer (He has now removed it). The roof would not operate and there were other problems but when the car dried out it all started working again.
He has mentioned just selling or trading it in as he is worried the costs will just spiral as these things tend to do. I'm hoping that someone on here can shed some light on it.
I have mentioned joining and posting pics on here and asking advice and I'm sure if he gets it sorted he'll join up.
Its a stunning looking M3 Smg in Estoril blue a real head turner.
elite07771
User

South Africa (za)

• Forum Topics on BMWLand that may be of intetest to you
    Replies
    Views
    Last Forum post

Return to BMW 3 series Forum

BMWLand: Who is online