BMW: What MP3 CD Changer will fit in my 2001 E39? Will this do? : BMW Car Audio Forum: ICE - In Car Entertainment • BMWLand

BMW Forum: Car help, questions, answers, BMW discussion forum  
BMW Forum for UK BMW Car owners : Where Power Meets Control

BMW Forum: BMWLand Forum Portal Entrance BMW Forum: BMWLand - Forums for UK BMW Owners BMW Discounts & Support for BMWLand members BMW Forum Twitter, RSS, Facebook for BMWLand members BMW Car Insurance Discount BMWLand: Contact Us BMW Paint Repair discounts for BMWLand members BMW Oil Discount for BMW Engines BMW Car Tyre Discounts for BMWLand Members BMW Car Parts: Genuine BMW Parts Discount for BMWLand Members BMW ECU mapping BMW Swirl Flaps

www.BMWLand.co.uk ©2014                           Contact [email protected]

Peake BMW Diagnostics  
BMW Car Insurance Discount

What MP3 CD Changer will fit in my 2001 E39? Will this do?

BMW In Car entertainment Audio: Discuss your BMW car radios, BMW car phones, BMW iPOD, iPhone, BMW bluetooth, BMW Audio, DAB, MP3 etc

Moderator: Moderators

What MP3 CD Changer will fit in my 2001 E39? Will this do?

Postby DunkUk » Fri, 20 Feb 2009 17:50:23 UTC

Hi,
I have a 2001 5 series E39 touring. It has a non working CD changer in the boot, I got it working for a while but it's not working now! So I think I will upgrade to an MP3 compatible one.

I know this is possible but am confused as to what I need to get.

There is an oem BMW on ebay will this do?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Original-MP3-BMW- ... 240%3A1318

If not I believe I need an Alpine unit and 2 adaptors but I dont know where to get these, I'm in the UK by the way.

regards
Duncan
DunkUk
User

Postby Olli » Fri, 20 Feb 2009 19:22:32 UTC

Olli
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
BMW Warlord
Site Supporter

Germany (de)

Postby DunkUk » Fri, 20 Feb 2009 20:08:29 UTC

Thanks, that looks good but:

"NB. Will not fit in the cubby hole of the 3 & 5-series Touring (estate) versions. The changer can be mounted within the boot area."

Which seems odd as it's quite a big area behind the "flap", I will try to get some measurements as I'm sure it should fit.
Just measured it and the Alpine unit is exactly the same size as the OEM one so should fit fine. That's great as I know it's now possible and I can hunt around for the same thing at a better price.

If anyone else comes to this thread searching, this is what I think you need:

Alpine CHA-S634 (the mp3 6 disc CD changer)
Alpine - KCA-130B (looks like an adaptor lead)
Soundlinx BMW 01ALP (Interface box, from Alpine Ai-Bus to "BMW Bus")

It would be good to know if the ebay one would work in the car as I have read this is more responsive as it doesn't have to have the control signals translated from one type to another, it's at £100 at the moment with 2 days to go. Could be a pain to skip through 200 tracks to get to the right one if its slow!
DunkUk
User

Postby DunkUk » Thu, 26 Feb 2009 18:50:33 UTC

Well I bought the one on EBay and it works a treat, I highly recommend this route as the player is plug and play and except for a few seconds at start up when it scans the discs it works just like a normal CD player.

Part number is 65.12-6 983 334-01 and my car is a 2001 E39 Touring, Should also work in the 3 series of the same age.
DunkUk
User

• Forum Topics on BMWLand that may be of intetest to you
    Replies
    Views
    Last Forum post

Return to BMW Car Audio Forum: ICE - In Car Entertainment

BMWLand: Who is online