BMW: E60 Tyre Puncture warning : BMW 5 series Forum • BMWLand

BMW Forum: Car help, questions, answers, BMW discussion forum  
BMW Forum for UK BMW Car owners : Where Power Meets Control

BMW Forum: BMWLand Forum Portal Entrance BMW Forum: BMWLand - Forums for UK BMW Owners BMW Discounts & Support for BMWLand members BMW Forum Twitter, RSS, Facebook for BMWLand members BMW Car Insurance Discount BMWLand: Contact Us BMW Paint Repair discounts for BMWLand members BMW Oil Discount for BMW Engines BMW Car Tyre Discounts for BMWLand Members BMW Car Parts: Genuine BMW Parts Discount for BMWLand Members BMW ECU mapping BMW Swirl Flaps

www.BMWLand.co.uk ©2014                           Contact: [email protected]

Peake BMW Diagnostics  
BMW Car Insurance Discount

E60 Tyre Puncture warning

BMW forum 5 series car: E12, E28, E34, E39, E60, E61, F07, F10, F11

Moderator: Moderators

E60 Tyre Puncture warning

Postby ciscobloke1 » Mon, 16 Jul 2007 21:20:19 UTC

Hi

Does anyone know if and how I can reset the tyre puncture warning that has come up on the computer after changing my alloys,

I know BMW etc can do it but wondered if there was a way to do it yourself as i'll need to take wheels off again after BMW reset it to paint my calipers next week

Cheers
Mike
ciscobloke1
User

Postby Bimmo » Tue, 17 Jul 2007 07:06:43 UTC

You reset the tyre pressure monitor from the iDrive.

Make sure your tyre pressures are all correct then start your engine, but don't drive off. Press down on the control knob to bring up the menu containing <vehicle settings> twiddle the controller to select <RPA> and press again. A screen will appear with an option to <set tyre pressure>. Select <set tyre pressure> and press the knob. Select <yes> and a message <initialising> will be displayed. Now go for a drive until the message changes from <initialising> to <active>.

Hope this helps :)
Bimmo
Intermediate

Postby Olli » Tue, 17 Jul 2007 07:28:31 UTC

Depends which system you have. If you have the system where it's measured through wheel speed, then Bimmo is perfectly correct.

If you have a much later E60 that has the tpm in the valves, you will need to install the correct valves with the tpm to get rid of it.

How old is the car ?
Olli
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
BMW Warlord
Site Supporter

Germany (de)

Postby ciscobloke1 » Tue, 17 Jul 2007 08:38:25 UTC

It's 53 2003, just have BMW M Style work some of their Magic and have gone for their Stage 1 M5 conversion, stuck some 19" M5 Replica's on that i got off ebay.... trouble is they have caused a wobble/judder when i drive (BMW garage say it's because they dont fit correctly and i need some spacer things... booked in to have fitted on Thursday........

Will post some pics if anyone is interested to see her?
ciscobloke1
User

Postby Olli » Tue, 17 Jul 2007 09:23:47 UTC

In that case Bimmo's instructions should work just fine.
I am surprised they didn't fit the hubcentric spigott rings automatically, as nearly all aftermarket 5 series wheels come with the 1.5mm larger centre bore.

I guees the wobble is somewhere between 55 and just over 60 mph, then.
Olli
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
BMW Warlord
Site Supporter

Germany (de)

• Forum Topics on BMWLand that may be of intetest to you
    Replies
    Views
    Last Forum post

Return to BMW 5 series Forum

BMWLand: Who is online