BMW: help: passenger seat not moving e39.. : BMW 5 series Forum • BMWLand

BMW Forum: Car help, questions, answers, BMW discussion forum  
BMW Forum for UK BMW Car owners : Where Power Meets Control

BMW Forum: BMWLand Forum Portal Entrance BMW Forum: BMWLand - Forums for UK BMW Owners BMW Discounts & Support for BMWLand members BMW Forum Twitter, RSS, Facebook for BMWLand members BMW Car Insurance Discount BMWLand: Contact Us BMW Paint Repair discounts for BMWLand members BMW Oil Discount for BMW Engines BMW Car Tyre Discounts for BMWLand Members BMW Car Parts: Genuine BMW Parts Discount for BMWLand Members BMW ECU mapping BMW Swirl Flaps

www.BMWLand.co.uk ©2014                           Contact [email protected]

Peake BMW Diagnostics  
BMW Car Insurance Discount

help: passenger seat not moving e39..

BMW forum 5 series car: E12, E28, E34, E39, E60, E61, F07, F10, F11

Moderator: Moderators

help: passenger seat not moving e39..

Postby saf 530d » Sun, 24 Dec 2006 18:46:19 UTC

has anybody had problems with there seats not going back and forth as mines started doing it and its jammed and the seat it fairly back so there's not much leg room in my once soo spacious 5'er

what do you reckon it is and how much to sort out?? i have been told it could be the pulley and its quite expensive but aint sure.....

its not electric.
saf 530d
Advanced

Postby slim_boy_fat » Sun, 24 Dec 2006 20:53:04 UTC

Have you checked for a coin [if it's that, 50% for me :wink: ] jamming the runner? Could be anything small like a stone etc, really.

HTH
slim_boy_fat
BMW Warlord
Site Supporter

Scotland (SC)

Postby saf 530d » Tue, 26 Dec 2006 13:50:26 UTC

have checked but cant find anything stuck, so aint got a clue wot it is....
saf 530d
Advanced

Postby DEREK530D » Tue, 26 Dec 2006 21:48:55 UTC

Saf

Take a look under the seat.

Get someone to pull up on the backfwd lever on the seat.

You should be able to see the lock disengauge from the rails - to allow the seat to slide.

if it is disen. then there could be coin or something in the rail - as has been said.

If not then you need to get the seat out and get into the release mech
DEREK530D
Overdrive

Postby Dodsy » Wed, 27 Dec 2006 23:25:48 UTC

Mine had this problem. The release lever at the front will pull on a long bar going from the door to the centre underneath. The end of this rod in the centre will locate into the release mechanism and is held there by a plastic clip, on mine this clip had broken and the rod had fallen out of the release mechanism.

The clip that had broken was no.9 in the diagram

http://www.realoem.com/bmw/showparts.do ... g=52&fg=10
2007 335i SE Coupe - I just love the sound this car makes!
Dodsy
Advanced

seat sticking

Postby maxl.brown » Mon, 15 Jan 2007 18:31:45 UTC

if the problem is not some thing stuck in the rail then its a dry rail. i had this on my drivers seat to the point i could not drive the car.

I checked every thing and could not find any thing Only thing for it Seat out which was a feat in itself as the seat would not quite go back far enough to get at the front bolts. (queue lots of swearing and scrapped knuckles).

Once the seat was out Abig hammer and lots of grease and patience else get some one to help hold the adjuster open and hit it. A bit of oil to start it helped. Once its moving a small screwdriver and plentyof grease in the runners.

It works a treat now. so I redid the passenger seat as a precaution. dont want to go through that again.

I suspect a design fault in the runner.

Still know what to do now to replace the seat occupancy control box on the passenger seat. any one know how much these cost and can i get it elsewhere rather than bmw.

good luck

Max
max
bmw 520iSE
Diamond black and 16 spoke
maxl.brown
User

seat sticking

Postby maxl.brown » Mon, 15 Jan 2007 18:34:58 UTC

if the problem is not some thing stuck in the rail then its a dry rail. i had this on my drivers seat to the point i could not drive the car.

I checked every thing and could not find any thing Only thing for it Seat out which was a feat in itself as the seat would not quite go back far enough to get at the front bolts. (queue lots of swearing and scrapped knuckles).

Once the seat was out Abig hammer and lots of grease and patience else get some one to help hold the adjuster open and hit it. A bit of oil to start it helped. Once its moving a small screwdriver and plentyof grease in the runners.

It works a treat now. so I redid the passenger seat as a precaution. dont want to go through that again.

Still know what to do now to replace the seat occupancy control box on the passenger seat. any one know how much these cost and can i get it elsewhere rather than bmw.

good luck

Max
max
bmw 520iSE
maxl.brown
User

seat sticking

Postby maxl.brown » Mon, 15 Jan 2007 18:37:20 UTC

good luck

Max
max
bmw 520iSE
maxl.brown
User

• Forum Topics on BMWLand that may be of intetest to you
    Replies
    Views
    Last Forum post

Return to BMW 5 series Forum