BMW: Front seat adjustment lever u/s : BMW 5 series Forum • BMWLand

BMW Forum: Car help, questions, answers, BMW discussion forum  
BMW Forum for UK BMW Car owners : Where Power Meets Control

BMW Forum: BMWLand Forum Portal Entrance BMW Forum: BMWLand - Forums for UK BMW Owners BMW Discounts & Support for BMWLand members BMW Forum Twitter, RSS, Facebook for BMWLand members BMW Car Insurance Discount BMWLand: Contact Us BMW Paint Repair discounts for BMWLand members BMW Oil Discount for BMW Engines BMW Car Tyre Discounts for BMWLand Members BMW Car Parts: Genuine BMW Parts Discount for BMWLand Members BMW ECU mapping BMW Swirl Flaps

www.BMWLand.co.uk ©2014                           Contact [email protected]

Peake BMW Diagnostics  
BMW Car Insurance Discount

Front seat adjustment lever u/s

BMW forum 5 series car: E12, E28, E34, E39, E60, E61, F07, F10, F11

Moderator: Moderators

Front seat adjustment lever u/s

Postby jules » Sat, 29 Sep 2012 08:25:18 UTC

The lever you pull up to slide the front passenger seat back and forth (on my E39) seems to have become detached from its cable - no resistance in it and the seat won't move. Can anyone advise me of how to go about inspecting/repairing this - do I need to remove the whole seat (and how?) There's a plastic casing beneath the levers; this seems to be a god place to start - but how do I remove it?
Any advice gratefully received!
jules
Intermediate

Re: Front seat adjustment lever u/s

Postby itchy_BM » Sat, 29 Sep 2012 18:53:39 UTC

:) Hello mate,

That's quite a coincidence because I have the same car and the exact same problem! The lever just pulls up without any resistance. One of my other one's is also slightly stuck. I've tried looking but there's so much metal in the way it's hard to tell whats happened. I too feel that maybe the whole seat probably needs to come out? I feel your pain brother so look fwd to any advice on how easy that is to do. :)
2002 (E39) BMW 530iA Sport Individual
itchy_BM
Intermediate

• Forum Topics on BMWLand that may be of intetest to you
    Replies
    Views
    Last Forum post

Return to BMW 5 series Forum

BMWLand: Who is online