BMW: Central Locking wont unlock- 2000-318i-E46 : BMW 3 series Forum • BMWLand

BMW Forum: Car help, questions, answers, BMW discussion forum  
BMW Forum for UK BMW Car owners : Where Power Meets Control

BMW Forum: BMWLand Forum Portal Entrance BMW Forum: BMWLand - Forums for UK BMW Owners BMW Discounts & Support for BMWLand members BMW Forum Twitter, RSS, Facebook for BMWLand members BMW Car Insurance Discount BMWLand: Contact Us BMW Paint Repair discounts for BMWLand members BMW Oil Discount for BMW Engines BMW Car Tyre Discounts for BMWLand Members BMW Car Parts: Genuine BMW Parts Discount for BMWLand Members BMW ECU mapping BMW Swirl Flaps

www.BMWLand.co.uk ©2014                           Contact [email protected]

Peake BMW Diagnostics  
BMW Car Insurance Discount

Central Locking wont unlock- 2000-318i-E46

BMW forum 3 series car: E21, E30, E36, E46, E90, E91, E92, E93, F30, F31, F34, F35

Moderator: Moderators

Central Locking wont unlock- 2000-318i-E46

Postby patterns » Fri, 12 Sep 2008 21:43:40 UTC

Hi Guys im new,

i have a 2000 E46 318i , 4 door saloon. had it 3 years now and a few months ago i noticed that the car would not always unlock when i pushed the button. now im lucky if i can get it open after 30 mins of trying!!!!

the car locks no problem! the alarm engages and disengages with the unlock and lock buttons, no problem. the boot opens from the remote no problem. But its like the unlocking of the central locking is jamming or stuck on unlocking only???

I can open the driver door manually and get in, i just cant take passengers!!?? the child lock in the car is the dame deal - it will lock, but wont unlock.

it seems form reading elsewhere where in this forum that the module is gone???
Edit/Delete Message
patterns

Postby neilbeatty » Sat, 13 Sep 2008 18:56:18 UTC

the same happened to my E46 a year ago or thereabouts, no entry to any other doors, very frustrating. i brought it to an independent as my cousin, main dealer apprentice mechanic who usually does work for me was in college and wouldnt be bck for a few months to the dealership.
they had it for 2 weeks, couldnt fix it but eventually got it done but the problem was that the windows wouldnt work. he replaced the ECU, it was an expensive job and was only half done. i then got my cousin to do it, he programmed it perfectly.

the only slight niggle was that the OBC displayed in euro standard, litres per 100km etc instead of mpg.

best of luck!
neilbeatty
User

Postby scottjoh » Mon, 08 Jun 2009 08:28:30 UTC

Yup, sounds like the GM5 module is the culprit or more specifically the door lock relays inside the GM5 module. Get those relays replaced and I bet your door unlocking problems will be gone.
scottjoh

• Forum Topics on BMWLand that may be of intetest to you
    Replies
    Views
    Last Forum post

Return to BMW 3 series Forum

BMWLand: Who is online