The engine undertray/undershield is cracked through a long way,
and is bodge tied together. It droops really low under car.
How is it secured under engine, and is a new one likely to be readily available from Parts depts?
Is fixing a new one in place a trivial job?
Presumably they often get damaged when car driven over object in road,
or over rough ground?
- Posts: 40
- Joined: Thu, 22 Dec 2005 12:32:07 UTC
- Location: Wokingham
- Posts: 307
- Joined: Mon, 20 Mar 2006 00:23:39 UTC
- BMW Members Cars: 2005 Lexus GS300
2007 Mitsubishi I
Miss my E46..
- Location: Cambridge
When its being replaced check for damage to the engine, sounds like someone really gave it a bashing!
- Posts: 2926
- Joined: Tue, 08 Aug 2006 15:13:32 UTC
- BMW Members Cars: 2004 E46 325Ci Coupe M54, Steptronic, Titanium Silver
1999 E36 318Ti Compact M44, Hell Red
2001 E46 320d Touring Manual, Titanium Silver
1996 E36 316i Compact M42, Blue
- Location: UK
BMWLand: Who is online
Users browsing this BMW forum: MSN [Bot] and 20 guests