BMW: need help with an oil change for ££££ : BMW 3 series Forum • BMWLand

BMW Forum: Car help, questions, answers, BMW discussion forum  
BMW Forum for UK BMW Car owners : Where Power Meets Control

BMW Forum: BMWLand Forum Portal Entrance BMW Forum: BMWLand - Forums for UK BMW Owners BMW Discounts & Support for BMWLand members BMW Forum Twitter, RSS, Facebook for BMWLand members BMW Car Insurance Discount BMWLand: Contact Us BMW Paint Repair discounts for BMWLand members BMW Oil Discount for BMW Engines BMW Car Tyre Discounts for BMWLand Members BMW Car Parts: Genuine BMW Parts Discount for BMWLand Members BMW ECU mapping BMW Swirl Flaps

www.BMWLand.co.uk ©2014                           Contact [email protected]

Peake BMW Diagnostics  
BMW Car Insurance Discount

need help with an oil change for ££££

BMW forum 3 series car: E21, E30, E36, E46, E90, E91, E92, E93, F30, F31, F34, F35

Moderator: Moderators

need help with an oil change for ££££

Postby GROOVERIDER » Mon, 24 Jan 2011 18:32:16 UTC

Hi Everyone,

is there anyone in the London area that can help me with an oil change for my car. I have seen the DIY's on this site but I just dont have the courage to do it myself. the most scariest thing being actually going underneath to remove the oil plug.

So if anyone can help please let me know one weekend and I am willing to pay for the labour, I dont want to take it to the stealers for this. I rather it be in the hands of a BMW lover.

Thanking in advance

Kay
GROOVERIDER
User

Re: need help with an oil change for ££££

Postby hp88 » Mon, 24 Jan 2011 18:56:19 UTC

You might want to invest in a Pela pump, basically stick it into the dipstick tube and it sucks all the dirty oil out. I don't think the oil filter will be hard to change.
hp88
BMW Warlord

BMW Members Cars: BMW 320cd M Sport - Audi A3 2.0T S Line
United Kingdom (uk)

Postby slim_boy_fat » Mon, 24 Jan 2011 20:37:36 UTC

hp88 wrote:You might want to invest in a Pela pump, basically stick it into the dipstick tube and it sucks all the dirty oil out. I don't think the oil filter will be hard to change.

Sound advice, brillliant piece of advice - saves all that grubbing around under the car. For the filter you'll need a big socket to undo the housing cap, not too expensive, and once bought it's yours forever.
Never underestimate the power of thrawn.
slim_boy_fat
BMW Warlord
Site Supporter

Scotland (SC)

Postby paspatout » Mon, 24 Jan 2011 20:54:14 UTC

Book an appointment online and then take it to your nearest branch of National Tyres. At £33 for Castrol Edge Oil and Filter change while you wait, you can't buy the stuff to DIY for that cost. Check out the link

http://www.national.co.uk/oil-vehicle-search.aspx
BMW 320D M Sport 07 Plate 92k
paspatout
Site Supporter

Postby golfdaft » Mon, 24 Jan 2011 21:13:03 UTC

paspatout wrote:Book an appointment online and then take it to your nearest branch of National Tyres. At £33 for Castrol Edge Oil and Filter change while you wait, you can't buy the stuff to DIY for that cost. Check out the link

I was thinking of going for that deal, do they do the filter as well as the web page does not say....

Also I've another 3k before I change ( about 2-3 months ) does anyone know how long this offer is on for? If it's not on for long I'll just get it done asap....

Thanks
golfdaft
User

Postby audimartin » Mon, 24 Jan 2011 21:27:01 UTC

thats an amazing deal. my car uses Edge 5w/30. i recently bought 4L off fleabay for about £24, which was a decent enough deal. a full oil change (oil, filter, disposal) £35- job's a good 'un!! :P
i'm driving:-
335d M Sport E91 graphite grey with black cow and a big roof
audimartin
Overdrive

BMW Members Cars: Currently driving:-

E91 335d M sport with all the toys
Previously, I have enjoyed driving:-
E83 x3 2.0d sport
e60 520s M sport Deep ocean blue/19"
120d M sport
A4 2.0T Avant S Line Special Edition
E46 320CD
E91 320D M Sport Le Mans with Lemon 'cow'
A6 3.0 TDI Q saloon
Z4M roadster-- Interlagos blue
Mk 5 Gti T
E87 120d M sport graphite/black cow
Mk 1 TTC Nogaro Blue
E87 120d Sport solid black
X3 2.0D Sport (again blue!)
E90 330D M Sport Graphite
B7 RS4 Avant Mugello Blue (fun but costly!!)
Mk1 TT Coupe 3.2 Black/Red 'cow'
B6 A4 Avant 2.5 FWD Silver/GMBH/Red & Silver exclusive seats
8P A3 2.0 TDI DSG black/ red 'cow'
8l S3 Nogaro Blue (blue alca!)
B6 A4 2.5tdi Q avant Silver/black cow
and a few others.....
Devon (DE)

Postby BavarianMW » Tue, 25 Jan 2011 03:11:11 UTC

Hi, I was also looking to do an oil change...I am getting just under £50 which includes engine flush? Worth it?
BavarianMW
User

Postby verbarthe » Tue, 25 Jan 2011 03:19:11 UTC

At that price and with the correct grade of oil for your car it s really a no brainer , definately worth it , you d be lucky to buy the oil at that price , got an interim oil change on my E46 330 Convertible done by them a couple of months ago , no problems at all, go for it :)
There are no new Scams , just new ways of presenting the old ones .

Murray
verbarthe
BMW Warlord
Site Supporter

BMW Members Cars: BMW 330 CI M Sport Convertible
Scotland (SC)

Postby paspatout » Tue, 25 Jan 2011 19:10:04 UTC

golfdaft wrote:
paspatout wrote:Book an appointment online and then take it to your nearest branch of National Tyres. At £33 for Castrol Edge Oil and Filter change while you wait, you can't buy the stuff to DIY for that cost. Check out the link

I was thinking of going for that deal, do they do the filter as well as the web page does not say....

Also I've another 3k before I change ( about 2-3 months ) does anyone know how long this offer is on for? If it's not on for long I'll just get it done asap....

Thanks

It does include the filter. That's the reason you have to book it online. They order the filter in so it's there on time for the appointment you select. As to how long it'll be available, I think they've been doing the offer for quite a long time so probably unlikely to end anytime soon. If in doubt give them a call.
BMW 320D M Sport 07 Plate 92k
paspatout
Site Supporter

Postby golfdaft » Tue, 25 Jan 2011 20:42:11 UTC

paspatout wrote:
golfdaft wrote:

Thanks

It does include the filter. That's the reason you have to book it online. They order the filter in so it's there on time for the appointment you select. As to how long it'll be available, I think they've been doing the offer for quite a long time so probably unlikely to end anytime soon. If in doubt give them a call.

Thanks, it comes up with the wrong car, but correct engine I think when I enter details....

I'd better just phone them!

Thanks for the help..
golfdaft
User

• Forum Topics on BMWLand that may be of intetest to you
    Replies
    Views
    Last Forum post

Return to BMW 3 series Forum

BMWLand: Who is online