BMW: Immobiliser problem - 318i E46 : BMW 3 series Forum • BMWLand

BMW Forum: Car help, questions, answers, BMW discussion forum  
BMW Forum for UK BMW Car owners : Where Power Meets Control

BMW Forum: BMWLand Forum Portal Entrance BMW Forum: BMWLand - Forums for UK BMW Owners BMW Discounts & Support for BMWLand members BMW Forum Twitter, RSS, Facebook for BMWLand members BMW Car Insurance Discount BMWLand: Contact Us BMW Paint Repair discounts for BMWLand members BMW Oil Discount for BMW Engines BMW Car Tyre Discounts for BMWLand Members BMW Car Parts: Genuine BMW Parts Discount for BMWLand Members BMW ECU mapping BMW Swirl Flaps

www.BMWLand.co.uk ©2013                           Contact [email protected]

Peake BMW Diagnostics  
BMW Car Insurance Discount

Immobiliser problem - 318i E46

BMW forum 3 series car: E21, E30, E36, E46, E90, E91, E92, E93, F30, F31, F34, F35

Moderator: Moderators

Immobiliser problem - 318i E46

Postby Joely » Mon, 03 Jan 2011 17:47:10 UTC

Well currently having a bit of issues with the immobiliser on the beamer. The battery died, so placed it on charge overnight and reconnected it and everything was fine and was able to use it with no issues. However couple days later, the key would not remotely open the doors so manually got into the car and tried to start it - lights flicked a little with the usual clicking noise however engine would not start. Disconnected the battery and reconnected it and doors would still not open remotely. So got in manually again and tried to start the car and low and behold the car started. Porblem is after leaving it parked for a while the problem returns and the I have to go through the whole disconnecting/reconnecting battery to get it started. Any ideas at all on what could be the cause and a possible solution? Thanks in advance
Joely
User

• Forum Topics on BMWLand that may be of intetest to you
    Replies
    Views
    Last Forum post

Return to BMW 3 series Forum

BMWLand: Who is online