BMW: 118D servicing costs : BMW 1 series Forum • BMWLand

BMW Forum: Car help, questions, answers, BMW discussion forum  
BMW Forum for UK BMW Car owners : Where Power Meets Control

BMW Forum: BMWLand Forum Portal Entrance BMW Forum: BMWLand - Forums for UK BMW Owners BMW Discounts & Support for BMWLand members BMW Forum Twitter, RSS, Facebook for BMWLand members BMW Car Insurance Discount BMWLand: Contact Us BMW Paint Repair discounts for BMWLand members BMW Oil Discount for BMW Engines BMW Car Tyre Discounts for BMWLand Members BMW Car Parts: Genuine BMW Parts Discount for BMWLand Members BMW ECU mapping BMW Swirl Flaps

www.BMWLand.co.uk ©2014                           Contact [email protected]

Peake BMW Diagnostics  
BMW Car Insurance Discount

118D servicing costs

BMW Forum 1 series car: E87, E81, E87, E88, F20

Moderator: Moderators

118D servicing costs

Postby ccrobins » Sun, 16 Sep 2007 10:16:35 UTC

I am currently looking at buying (well actually put down the deposit) on an 06 plate 118D SE - I have got it for a good price but it looks like it needs a service is 2000 miles. It has currently 37k on the clock. I was wondering 2 things:

1. the likely cost of this service ? is this an inspection 1 or something else ? (last servioce was at 20k and just looks to have been an oil change)

2. Do i have to take this to a BMW dealer for service in order to maintain the warranty or can i take it to a BMW approved place or anywhere ? however i assume the garage must be BMW approved to have the relevent computer equipment to reset the service interval thing ?

any help greatly appreciated and sorry for being a bit clueless but this is my first BMW

Thanks

Craig
ccrobins

Postby m330d » Sun, 16 Sep 2007 14:58:04 UTC

Its possibly the 3rd service which would be oil .The dash will say either oil or inspect so you will know when you put key in.You must go to bmw to manitain the warranty which is something you may well need to claim on in the future.Bmw dealer for 1st 3 years then up to yourself after that.Could you not negotiate a service into the price especially if its an approved used car?
m330d
BMW Warlord

Northern Ireland (NI)

Postby HBA4345 » Sun, 16 Sep 2007 15:12:25 UTC

If you're buying from a BMW dealer they should service it as it's within 2500 miles (that's what Blue Bell told me when I bought mine).

If you're buying off an independant garage you're looking at appox. 250 for an Inspection 1 at a BMW dealer, 140 at an independant.
Note to self: Driver aids do NOT affect the laws of physics.
HBA4345
BMW Warlord

Postby ccrobins » Sun, 16 Sep 2007 16:09:34 UTC

this is a private sale so i cannot combine into the price. However i am a little confused - do I have to go to a dealer for the service to maintain the warranty or can i go to an independant garage (which has the relevent equipment). I was under the impression that you no longer had to go to a main dealer to maintain the warranty but that you could have the work done at an independant and have the book stamped ?
ccrobins

Postby m330d » Sun, 16 Sep 2007 16:43:28 UTC

ccrobins wrote:this is a private sale so i cannot combine into the price. However i am a little confused - do I have to go to a dealer for the service to maintain the warranty or can i go to an independant garage (which has the relevent equipment). I was under the impression that you no longer had to go to a main dealer to maintain the warranty but that you could have the work done at an independant and have the book stamped ?

Technicaly you dont have to go to main dealer but you must go to a vat registered dealer and use geunine parts.You will of course scupper any chance of a "goodwill" gesture on any premature failures by doing this.Go to the main dealer id advice for this reason.Bmw diesels can go wrong occasionally. :cry:
m330d
BMW Warlord

Northern Ireland (NI)

• Forum Topics on BMWLand that may be of intetest to you
    Replies
    Views
    Last Forum post

Return to BMW 1 series Forum

BMWLand: Who is online