BMW: DPF PROBLEMS : BMW X1, X3, X5 & X6 Series Forum • BMWLand

BMW Forum: Car help, questions, answers, BMW discussion forum  
BMW Forum for UK BMW Car owners : Where Power Meets Control

BMW Forum: BMWLand Forum Portal Entrance BMW Forum: BMWLand - Forums for UK BMW Owners BMW Discounts & Support for BMWLand members BMW Forum Twitter, RSS, Facebook for BMWLand members BMW Car Insurance Discount BMWLand: Contact Us BMW Paint Repair discounts for BMWLand members BMW Oil Discount for BMW Engines BMW Car Tyre Discounts for BMWLand Members BMW Car Parts: Genuine BMW Parts Discount for BMWLand Members BMW ECU mapping BMW Swirl Flaps

www.BMWLand.co.uk ©2014                           Contact [email protected]

Peake BMW Diagnostics  
BMW Car Insurance Discount

DPF PROBLEMS

BMW forum X1/X3/X5/X6 series car: E83, E53, E70, E71, F15

Moderator: Moderators

DPF PROBLEMS

Postby Roboscar22 » Fri, 01 Jun 2012 21:27:03 UTC

Hi I'm new here

I would like to share my experience with you all be it bad however it's has a good out come

On the 28 march I had a loss of power the revs would not go over 3000rpm
Vehicle was taken to my repairer who advised me the turbo had gone

They replaced turbo still the same (lots of £££££)

Hmmmm not sure what to do now

Ok so I took the car to elms BMW where they replaced the inlet manifold and de coked egr etc

Fault still there

I was told by BMW dpf was blocked (no dpf light on) they told me that they would try to re generate but this did not work they then advised m to put a new dpf filter on it so this is what I did

WOW fixed

Not for long a week later a loss of power again I took the dpf off and was again blocked and again the car can't seam to re generate it's self

I have a idea

because my car is a 2006 vehicle and the dpf was a after thought at that point maybe I would donna my old dpf and took the insides out this took me 30 mis tops

I checked with my pals at BMW and another guy I know
We all agreed that because the back pressure from the dpf would never build up the vehicle would never need to re generate

the car is now fixed job done and all it cost me was my time (and no smoke) not that it did anyway

If you wanted to pay it safe you could pay for a remap this would cost around £200.00 and would give you extra BHP
And I have still got the old dpf just in case I need to pop it on for a mot
Not a short turn fix is to jet was the dpf it does work make sure the water gets nice and worm
Roboscar22

BMW Members Cars: BMW X3 2.0 d
England (EN)

Re: DPF PROBLEMS

Postby snrbrtsn » Sun, 03 Jun 2012 22:47:51 UTC

Roboscar

Whilst I'm pleased at your results, I do not think you are tackling the problem.
I say this having suffered similar fate with my E60, I done the cleaning method, short term fix
With what you have done, you will over spool your turbo as there is no back pressure, ideally what you need is the remap for dpf delete not necessarily a power increase map,the software whilst you think is defective shall be running other checks
It may be worth a read on the E60 forum as similar engine plenty of covered posts, I only came here to get advice on the x5 - sorry I know it's less than tuppence worth
Gee! What I used manage to do all night, now takes me all night !!
Found what I couldn't find!

Sean.
snrbrtsn
BMW Warlord
Site Supporter

BMW Members Cars: E60 530D - GONE
RRS TDV8 - GONE
E60 520d - GONE
F07 530d - ARRIVED
Scotland (SC)

Re: DPF PROBLEMS

Postby dynoman » Tue, 05 Jun 2012 11:30:30 UTC

You are going to have problems if you haven't had someone make correct changes in the software of the ecu. The ecu will still be taking readings and evaluating what it sees from the sensors and making corrections accoringly.
dynoman
User

United Kingdom (uk)

• Forum Topics on BMWLand that may be of intetest to you
    Replies
    Views
    Last Forum post

Return to BMW X1, X3, X5 & X6 Series Forum

BMWLand: Who is online