BMW: Ipod random play via iDrive : BMW Car Audio Forum: ICE - In Car Entertainment • BMWLand

BMW Forum: Car help, questions, answers, BMW discussion forum  
BMW Forum for UK BMW Car owners : Where Power Meets Control

BMW Forum: BMWLand Forum Portal Entrance BMW Forum: BMWLand - Forums for UK BMW Owners BMW Discounts & Support for BMWLand members BMW Forum Twitter, RSS, Facebook for BMWLand members BMW Car Insurance Discount BMWLand: Contact Us BMW Paint Repair discounts for BMWLand members BMW Oil Discount for BMW Engines BMW Car Tyre Discounts for BMWLand Members BMW Car Parts: Genuine BMW Parts Discount for BMWLand Members BMW ECU mapping BMW Swirl Flaps

www.BMWLand.co.uk ©2014                           Contact: [email protected]

Peake BMW Diagnostics  
BMW Car Insurance Discount

Ipod random play via iDrive

BMW In Car entertainment Audio: Discuss your BMW car radios, BMW car phones, BMW iPOD, iPhone, BMW bluetooth, BMW Audio, DAB, MP3 etc

Moderator: Moderators

Ipod random play via iDrive

Postby Ridcully » Wed, 01 Dec 2010 16:51:41 UTC

How do you get an Ipod connected via usb to random (shuffle) play all songs.

If I select all songs it appears to start at the beginning and work through rather than shuffle
Ridcully
Intermediate

Re: Ipod random play via iDrive

Postby alltorque » Wed, 01 Dec 2010 22:23:23 UTC

On my 2007 535d Sport, select either a playlist, artist, of songs...once the first one is playing press the idrive you will get a few options for titles etc.......select random.....press idrive and away you go. It will then randomly select witin the playlist, artist, or all the songs etc which ever you selected.

I'd be keen to understand if anyone has found a smart way to whizz through long lists of artists etc rather than having to laboriously scroll through the lot to get to ZZ Top!..........only joking but a good example.
535d Sport LCI, Carbon Black, 172 x 19" wheels, sun protection glass, black leather, LOGIC-7, Sports Auto box with paddleshift, media pack, visibility pack, HUD, autoclose, USB-AUX in, remote entry, 350hp/700nm upgrade, de-limit, K&N filter
alltorque
Intermediate

Postby Ridcully » Thu, 02 Dec 2010 20:33:16 UTC

alltorque wrote:I'd be keen to understand if anyone has found a smart way to whizz through long lists of artists etc rather than having to laboriously scroll through the lot to get to ZZ Top!..........only joking but a good example.

Suspect the only way is to create smart playlists for each letter of the alphabet, but will keep looking around the menu structure
Ridcully
Intermediate

Postby jonl1983 » Thu, 02 Dec 2010 20:51:54 UTC

not sure on the old idrive but on the newer style select all artists, albums, songs, hit play, then options and random and it will shuffle your whole ipod/iphone
2012 F13 640d M Sport All the kit
jonl1983
Overdrive

Wales (CM)

Postby Ridcully » Sun, 12 Dec 2010 14:06:00 UTC

alltorque wrote:I'd be keen to understand if anyone has found a smart way to whizz through long lists of artists etc rather than having to laboriously scroll through the lot to get to ZZ Top!..........only joking but a good example.

once in songs, albums or whichever the first line is A-Z search. this can actually be selected and gives the rotary look up. I didn't notice this at first as i just thought it was a header
Ridcully
Intermediate

• Forum Topics on BMWLand that may be of intetest to you
    Replies
    Views
    Last Forum post

Return to BMW Car Audio Forum: ICE - In Car Entertainment

BMWLand: Who is online