BMW: Replacement Locking Wheel Nut Required : General BMW Help/Advice • BMWLand

BMW Forum: Car help, questions, answers, BMW discussion forum  
BMW Forum for UK BMW Car owners : Where Power Meets Control

BMW Forum: BMWLand Forum Portal Entrance BMW Forum: BMWLand - Forums for UK BMW Owners BMW Discounts & Support for BMWLand members BMW Forum Twitter, RSS, Facebook for BMWLand members BMW Car Insurance Discount BMWLand: Contact Us BMW Paint Repair discounts for BMWLand members BMW Oil Discount for BMW Engines BMW Car Tyre Discounts for BMWLand Members BMW Car Parts: Genuine BMW Parts Discount for BMWLand Members BMW ECU mapping BMW Swirl Flaps

www.BMWLand.co.uk ©2014                           Contact [email protected]

Peake BMW Diagnostics  
BMW Car Insurance Discount

Replacement Locking Wheel Nut Required

BMW forum car help: general BMW questions and answers about BMW cars sponsored by Opie Oils - for discount on BMW oil servicing

Moderator: Moderators

Postby AlphaPets » Sun, 17 Apr 2011 13:16:10 UTC

Hi,

Apart from a BMW dealer, anyway of ordering a replacement locking wheel nut? As I've lost mine!

Thanks

:roll:
AlphaPets
User

BMW Members Cars: BMW 330 Ci E46 (2001). Honda Fireblade RR-Y
England (EN)

Postby serverking » Sun, 17 Apr 2011 13:38:04 UTC

Fleabay or Halfrauds I guess :roll:
E70 X5 3.0D SE. Gone, but not forgotten.
serverking
Overdrive

BMW Members Cars: E61 525d SE Touring
Jamaica (jm)

Re: Replacement Locking Wheel Nut Required

Postby Vor » Sun, 17 Apr 2011 14:14:50 UTC

If it is a BMW origional locknut Key then a word with the stellers parts should be able to get the current one off
They have a set of numbered Key nuts and once you have found the one that fits can order one to sell you
However it was more convienient and not a lot different in price to buy a new replacement set of 4 with key
A lot less stressfull than driving and not being able to change a wheel if you get a flat
Vor
User

Postby Wilseus » Mon, 18 Apr 2011 11:27:20 UTC

Or if you're using the BMW ones then just buy a normal wheel bolt as they are probably about as secure as the BMW ones... ;)

Personally I'd strongly advise you to spend £35 or so on some decent ones such as McGard ultras or similar.
Wilseus
BMW Warlord
Site Supporter

BMW Members Cars: E36 328i
United Kingdom (uk)

Postby Jules59 » Mon, 18 Apr 2011 20:20:00 UTC

Wilseus wrote:Or if you're using the BMW ones then just buy a normal wheel bolt as they are probably about as secure as the BMW ones... ;)

Personally I'd strongly advise you to spend £35 or so on some decent ones such as McGard ultras or similar.

I bust my key (dont ask) so had to make a tool to remove my wheels - after several hours and much trial and error I had managed to remove two locknuts but the other two would not budge. Went to dealer next day and used their set of keys to remove my remaining lock nuts and then bought a new set of 4 with key - £19.

The central pin on the lock nuts make them especially difficult to remove without the key as compared to the locknuts on my Skoda Fabia VRS, which could be removed by hammering a bolt of the right size into the nut (no central pin to prevent this) and then undoing with a socket.
Jules
Jules59
Overdrive

BMW Members Cars: E91 LCI 330d MSport Auto
Skoda Fabia VRS
FreeLander 2
Seat Leon FR
United Kingdom (uk)

• Forum Topics on BMWLand that may be of intetest to you
    Replies
    Views
    Last Forum post